Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

Soggy plants this morning!

Barrow's Greenhouse in Gorham is closing this month and they've started to yard sale all of their unwanted items. Below is a picture of some supplies I bought from them last week, definitely a bargain! All of those smaller pots have another pot inside them as well and those watering cans were exactly what I was looking for. All of that for $11.25, needless to say, I'm definitely stopping in again sometime this week. Go out and support some local business, there's some really great stuff!

Well, I'm glad I took pictures last week, because today is certainly a cloudy day. I started early this morning and looked at the plants first thing, they definitely don't need watering! Must have rained pretty hard last night, but it's better than everything drying out. Even plants inside the greenhouse didn't need watering. Should be receiving our rain barrels soon that Gary Stephenson from Residential Life ordered. This will provide a great alternative to the hose and plants seem to really love fresh rain water!

I've noticed some spiders in the lettuce beds, but I'm leaving them be for now as they don't seem to be eating the lettuce. Also, I'm assuming they're keeping other bugs away. There is a critter digging in my squash and pumpkin beds, it's only happened a few times so I haven't done anything about it yet, also not really sure what to do. Ideas?

Spinach and lettuce survived their first harvest beautifully. They grew a lot just over the weekend so they look even better than the pictures! In fact, many plants grew over the weekend including the pumpkins, squash, cucumbers, sunflowers, and nasturtiums!


BASIL

SPICY BASIL, GENOVESE BASIL



BELL PEPPERS

CHERRY TOMATOES

GRAPE AND TRUST TOMATOES have a lot of growing to do to catch up with the cherry tomatoes, but at least they are finally growing!

CHERRY TOMATOES

CUCUMBERS INSIDE

ORGANIC CUCUMBERS OUTSIDE

CLOSE UP CUCUMBERS

CUCUMBERS/SQUASH

GENOVESE BASIL

JALAPENOS

LETTUCE

NASTURTIUMS


SWEET PEAS

GREEN BEANS

PUMPKINS


SPINACH







No comments: