Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sunshine on a cloudy day!

If you've been in the Portland/Gorham area at all in the past week, you know the following picture represents how the entire week has been!

Brooks Dining Center Patio

Rainy, cloudy, foggy, rainy, raining, rain, rain, and more rain! But, it does make for an easily maintained greenhouse as the damp weather prevents the plants from drying out. I'm not around every day for the summer however, so Karen (as previously mentioned) has been so kind to keep an eye on the greenhouse when I'm not around. Thanks Karen!

Many of the plants will soon need transplanting into larger areas as you can see from the pictures below. I've collected many 5 gallon buckets from the kitchen to transplant tomato plants in and I'll probably end up purchasing some as well. I have 2 deep beds empty outside on the patio and 1 shallow bed still empty inside the greenhouse. I'll most likely cut down the spinach and lettuce to 1 bed each so that 2 more beds can be used for other plants. I haven't got it all sorted out yet, but my method of "just going for it" has worked well so far, so I expect I'll figure it out next week. :)

Forget the rain for awhile and take a look at these lovely pictures of growing vegetables, herbs, and flowers in the greenhouse!!! And think, sunshine, sunshine, sunshine! Enjoy!

 

 




GARLIC





LETTUCE BED

  

SPINACH BED


No comments: